We’ve been hinting around at a big announcement for the past few weeks, and here it is! By popular demand, we are excited to announce the newest public workshop offering from phase(two)learning!
Join us March 9-10, 2015 for Orientation Overhaul: Re-imagining the New Employee Experience in your Organization!
New Employee Orientation is often a lackluster rite of passage for new employees – consisting of little more than paperwork, policies and procedures. Unfortunately, many programs fail to grasp this unique opportunity to connect with their newest associates, harness their natural new-employee excitement and ignite their passion for your organization…which fuels employee engagement, learning and long-term retention.
So, let’s give it an overhaul! By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses in the design and delivery of your current New Employee Orientation program
- Define success for your New Employee Orientation program
- Identify the essential stakeholders across your organization who should be involved in your New Employee Orientation program
- Incorporate strategies into your Orientation program proven to increase engagement and to make sure your new employees “get it”
- Compare and contrast what you’re currently doing with successful practices from industry-leading organizations with an inspiring Onboarding Luminary discussion panel
- Differentiate between must-have and nice-to-have elements in your New Employee Orientation program
- Use concepts learned in this workshop to immediately implement changes to your current Orientation materials in our unique Design Lab session
Who should attend?
- HR & Talent Acquisition leaders who are responsible for their organization’s New Employee Orientation program
- Learning & Talent Development professionals who are involved in developing or delivering New Employee Orientation content
Learn more and register here
If your New Employee Orientation could use a reboot – we can assure you, this session is for you. And trust us, it will not be a passive, boring, lecture-laden session…this will be an intensive, roll-up-your-sleeves opportunity to immediately work on your own Orientation materials. The workshop will conclude with a unique Design Lab, which will allow you to take advantage of ideas from other participants, as well as receiving coaching and feedback from your facilitators to begin your own overhaul before you leave – and before you get distracted back in the office!
Seating is limited…reserve your spot today!
Yes, I keep saying “we” – so, who’s helping me with this?
This workshop is a joint venture between myself and Brian Washburn, the voice of the popular Train Like a Champion blog. Brian has been working in instructional design and workshop facilitation for over 16 years. He is the co-founder and managing director of Endurance Learning, an organization whose vision is for every presentation to be engaging and lead to change. Brian has worked with organizations across North and South America, Asia and Africa in order to help improve the engagement and interactivity of their training programs. He has served as the national training director of the National Court Appointed Special Advocate Association (CASA) and the Global Learning & Development manager for SightLife, the world’s largest eye bank. In 2011, Brian was named a Top Young Trainer by Training Magazine in recognition of his contributions to the training field before the age of 40. You can read more about his philosophy on training design and delivery at his blog, and you can connect with him on Twitter at @flipchartguy.
Register NOW to reserve your seat and take advantage of Early Bird savings!
Use up those 2014 training budget dollars, or start making plans for 2015 by registering today! You’ll save $100 per person, or even more if you take advantage of the group discount or table sponsor opportunity. Check out the registration page to learn more.
Here’s what we need from you, Phase(Two)Nation:
- Please take a look at the registration page and consider attending the workshop on March 9-10, 2015
- Share this post with colleagues and friends who are involved with their organization’s New Employee Orientation program
- Join the phase(two)learning email list so you are in the loop about other upcoming events and updates!
Got any questions about this event? Reach out to Michelle anytime to learn more.